Thursday, December 3, 2020

Evernote worth it?

Evernote is a personal notes application, I use it a lot because it has allowed me to record my information and give it some management. Every time I take a note I classify it to be able to follow up, this for example some diligence that extends over time, I mean that it will take several days or weeks, for example a course from a platform that I want to do, any course that as said Someone "I do it because I like it and because I want to, it doesn't serve me at all but I do it because I can," he said. But hey, I'm still using Evernote despite its poor updates to its Legacy version made in C ++, and even now, they have updated to the modern and elegant web version using Electron (JavaScript Framework for Desktop Applications), which of course brings you better possibilities to iterate and improve the application every week, however as of today it does not give me the benefits that I have in the Legacy.


I went through Trello (only boards), Google Kepp (too simple for me), Notion (great, but only for wiki), Onenote (from microsoft powerful but not). Of these that I name I only stay with Notion for wiki courses and study notes. In the end I always stick with Evernote, although if the others evolved to the point of giving me the options I am looking for, I would change. Or rather, I could design my own App, I have weighed it a lot but I am still learning to program, I do not rule out the possibility.


I like it because I can use it as a task manager and where I can find what I don't remember, that is, a second brain. As a task manager I can set reminders and put them on Google calendar with Cronofy which is incredibly awesome, ha! But how much time does it consume me organizing, putting the correct titles and classifying them, but I think it's worth it in the end.


I have a lot to say but for now I'm going to leave it here.


Greetings and success

No comments:

Post a Comment

UI of my task management system in Notion

 In order to be faster in note-taking and task management, I have designed a model that has allowed me to work quickly on both personal and ...