Sunday, November 22, 2020

Get discipline by tracking your progress

I have decided to share a template that I have been modifying and improving using the constant improvement technique.

First of all

It is a template that can be adapted to any note system, in my case I use Evernote, but it can be used with Notion, OneNote or others (even in Word). It consists of several sections that are filled out to measure to have an overview of our projects or tasks or whatever.


Parties

TITLE: Here is the name of the task or project.

Objetives: The objective of that project.

Motivations: What motivates you to achieve it.

To-Do: You add the tiny tasks that must be completed to achieve that goal.

Else: it's about defining how bad it would happen if I don't meet the goal.

Tracking: it is a table to keep track of the note.

Date: of the day in which it has advanced.

1 or 0: Sometimes I leave it like this and other times I change it for:

Duration: where I put the minutes that it has taken me in the day.

Observation: if necessary

Notes: Some other simple note that should be taken into account or many notes. (Sometimes I paste a Notion link where I visually organize the information learned)

References and Links: Usually links closely related to the project. (If for example I am studying in a platform I leave the link to login)

Comments: One of the most important for follow-up, where I comment if I have stopped doing something or need to improve, or simply to unload my mind. (This is very personal, but your own comments are very important to analyze later)

Productivity tips

Have a daily reminder system, where you put the note as a reference and see it every day, every day it is updated and managed, even if it is only to run it during the day.

Put the percentage of compliance to the title, in my case to the date that I show my example I have 50%. Interesting right?

Try it.

Tracking, Discipline and Motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UI of my task management system in Notion

 In order to be faster in note-taking and task management, I have designed a model that has allowed me to work quickly on both personal and ...